Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nine Inch Nailsonthechalkboard- aka Pure Shit!

I have to admit I like Nine Inch Nails.  Know what I like best about Nine Inch Nails? When the song is over.

I also have to admit I have seen them in concert before, one time only. If there was a second time I wouldn't be around to type this diatribe out as I would've ended my suffering on the spot. Reason I saw NIN was only because Jane's Addiction was playing the same show and being a long time fan of Jane's Addiction this made the trip worth it. I stood thru the first couple of songs in the Nine Inch Nailsonthechalkboard set and finally had to get the hell out and away from the stage. I had never heard such shitty music in a live venue before. I could've sworn Trent Reznor was crying up his sleeve at a few points. It was so bad even with me diverting all my attention to smoking a cig and talking up this dame I had met on the mezzanine, the psychological warfare known as Nine Inch Nails was screwing with my ability to think rationally.

SO why does Nine Inch Nails suck so bad? Well there's many reasons and I surely could use all the bandwidth of this blog on this single subject, but I'm not going to. I'll merely hit the high points.

First of all, they are not Industrial Metal, they aren't even really industrial in my mind. They are mainstream over commercialized 'shit music' as they fit no other description. Other bands that could be grouped here are Nickelback, Lady Gaga, etc but those are beyond the scope of this rant.

Trent Reznor is a steroid poppin emo shitskin. He went from a little crybaby bitch to a steroid fueled crybaby bitch. The build is different, but he's still the same.

Every Nine Inch Nail fan I've ever seen has been one or more of the following- Computer geek, Nerd, Emo trash, goth, coalburners. And goth wannabe. There's a huge majority of those!

The music is not original. I don't know what to call it, but it's not original. It's just a jumbled up mass of common bass chords & keyboard rhythms with some sound effects off a Pure Moods CD mixed in for effect.

I just wish they had taken the lead of their album called "The downward spiral" and made the downward spiral of the porcelain throne as you flush it all away with the rest of the shit the belongs in the sewers.

"Woe is me, I'm depressed and want to kill myself."- If I had to listen to your shitty music I'd feel the same way douchebag.

No comments:

Post a Comment